Wednesday, May 5, 2010

i'm just having one of those days/weeks

this week i decided that I was a bit tired of my blog look so I went looking for a different template. I found one I loved & took the plunge & used it. Well it seems that its better then devil you know.... I lost the nav bar at the top so everytime I want to "sign in" I had to go to the kitchen comfort blog & sign in from there to be able to do ANYTHING on my blog. I also tried to change the photos at the top but they were massive & all you could see was a tiny little piece of the top of each photo.

So today I decided to go have a play around to correct it & am totally regretting it. In the end I just wanted to take it back to how it used to be but now I have lost all my "elements" and cant add them back in & I cant seem to change my template again. oh man this is the last thing I need today....

I am going away on Saturday & am feeling a bit anxious about the flight with Xander & the fact that I am leaving my Lolly-girl & Ron Ron behind. I am going to miss Mother's day, Olivia's birthday & there is a good chance that Olivia will miss her first ever "school" photos because of my trip. I have found a million things this week that I should be spending the money on rather than a frivilous holiday & I feel like other aspects of my life are running out of control with no clear direction of the best way to resolve it.

to top it off, after a couple of solid months of word games I have lost motivation to play the same games twice a day with Olivia, i dont even have the energy to deal with her frustration when i try to correct her speech in conversation. She NEEDS the games & my attention for her speech to improve & she has come such a long way since Jan. however, this week mummy is starting holidays, so tv is going back on & you can eat as many "treats" as you want & drink as many warm milos that your little belly can handle.

i will deal with the consequenses of this week when i get back from NY & hopefully the week away is exactly want i need to restore motivation & get back on track with the blog & the life....

So for now blog, you have won but I promise that you have not seen the last of me!

Oh I almost forgot. I finished my first ever quilt. Olivia's first quilt was made by my Nana but she unfortunately passed away in May 2007 & so I wanted Xander to have something as well. I love it & so does he....


I could not have done it without Amelia or Kristie, fantasticly talented women to learn from, thanks.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

The quilt looks fantastic, she has 12 years of school photos ahead of her, enjoy your time away, and pick up speech when you come home and are happy to see the family.

You'll have a blast. xo

PS I'm still jealous

Kate said...

Your quilt looks gorgeous!! Go and enjoy your holiday - you'll feel much better for it!

Anonymous said...

I love love love the quilt! Hope you are having a wonderful time away.
XO Amelia