Thursday, May 20, 2010

another time maybe...

2 days before I was due to fly off to New York I went to the docs, Xander's nose had been very mildly runny that week & I wanted to make sure he was OK before we went to the states. Well as it turns out he had an ear infection & the docs recommendation was that I not risk the 28.5 hour flight so that was the end of that trip.

So I missed.... the inflight movies, the experience of an entirely new (to me) continent & country, wearing a bathrobe at a heated rooftop bar, a broadway show, central park zoo, times square & I dont even want to know what else.

Instead I.... got to have mothers day with BOTH my kids, celebrated Lolly's 4th birthday, got to see my friend raising money for charity by standing in underwear in a shop window (very modest I promise), made sure that Lolly got to have kindy photos

This photo was taken the day before we were meant to fly out, (ignore the horrible pink slipper in the background), notice how he doesnt even have the decency to look sick!!!!



5 comments:

Kristie said...

You don't have to miss out of the heated rooftop bar - mix yourself a drink, hitch yourself up a ladder onto the roof & have Neil blow the hairdryer at you - the other things, welllll I just can't recreate for you.

ingrid said...

the mental image of that is just too funny!!!

Dee said...

That was giggle worthy.
Damn you Xander
Noooo Love you Xander
Maybe New York for Kristie's 40th? I reckon I'll just about have enough money by then.

Dinah said...

Who cares Xander? In the eternal picture you are better than any trip to New York! But lay low boy, cause eternity is a long way off right now.

Ingy you get the Mother's Day prize this year for dedication..........love ya xoxox

Kate said...

Awhhhh Ingy! I feel for you! Kristie, that's just too funny!