Sunday, August 8, 2010

the first of many update posts

my intention is to do 1 post every day until I am up to date.

let me start with 22/6/2010:

On an impulse I decided to get the kids hairs cut by a professional, this goes against everything inside me that says "They want how much to cut a childs hair. Ingrid, you can do that yourself!!" but I know that in the past there have been times where Olivia has had to put up with some pretty bad hair. She had finally grown out her fringe to a decent length & Xander's hair was way past his "glasses" (neils test to determine if he needs to visit to the hairdresser). So I made the appointment & then prepped Olivia for it. She was OK with it as long as Xander could go first.

So he did go first but everytime the scissors went anywhere near him he would turn his head to get away so the only thing I could think to do was feed him while the hairdresser cut his hair. 5 minutes later the boys hair was respectable again.



Then is was Olivias turn, at first she wasnt too sure & I thought she may need some coaxing but then she started feeling like a big girl & loved the feeling & attention. She had about 3 inches off (since when do I think in inches) & now her "fringe" is the same length as the rest of her hair & it looks soooo much better.



Doesnt everyone love a trip to the hairdressers...


1 comment:

sharry said...

olivia...your hair looks so beautiful.

it always makes me more than a little sad that they so suddenly look like little boys or little girls after that first cut, instead of the baby they were just 10 minutes previous.

love you all...