Thursday, January 28, 2010

you'll always be my baby girl

with a slightly improved photo...



Its not a very good photo (in relation to the light & set up of the shot) but its the only one I took that shows how proud she was yesterday to be marching down to kindy for her first day. I was apprehensive...


how would she go around soo many new children (my girl is not always the most sociable)


would she keep all her clothes on when she went to toilet (she has a tendancy to come back from the toilet needing help to redress)


does she remember that I will come back for her (does she know that I am counting down the minutes until I can walk back to pick her up)


will anyone understand her when she finally comes out of her shell (or will the other children look at her like she is strange and walk away)


will she want to go back next week and the week after and the week after (for the next 6 *yes 6* school terms)


as it turns out she didnt miss me or need me to be there to shield her from the world but I am on guard and prepared to put my protective arm around her should she so need it at ANY time.


5 comments:

Ash said...

Man time flies!!! I remember when she was born!!! Most tiny, beautiful little girl!!!

Kristie said...

I remember feeling exactly the same when each of my kids ventured out into the real world for the first time all by themselves.

They seem oblivious to how we desperatly we want to scoop them up and keep them under our protective wings, but everyone needs to spread their wings and experience life to it's fullest.

You'll take great pleasure in the first few moments that you see her after her day until she gets frustrated with you and you with her and then you're ready to send her right back.

What I meant to say is she'll be alright & so will you.

Anonymous said...

#5 Mum

I'm proud of my girl.... oh and Lolly too!!! Love Mum XOXO

Dee said...

I'm in tears all worried about her. I just want to wrap her up and at the same time shout at everybody "look at Olivia don't you know that she is the most awesome peron you will ever meet."

Kate said...

I cannot believe she is going to preschool. She's only 2 right? They are growing up way too fast. Can't wait to catch up.
Love you