Tuesday, January 19, 2010

tampeen

Today Olivia & I were playing on the trampoline & I had a housewife moment where I was thinking of all the things I could be doing while Xander was sleeping, so I told Olivia that I had to go do other stuff. She did not like this idea at all (& she was playing so nicely with me) so I promised that when Poppy came over tonight we could eat dinner on the trampoline, she decided that this was a great deal & let me hop off.

When dinner was ready this evening I asked both the girl to take their clothes off cause we were having pasta & it can get messy, especially when you dont have a table to eat off of (& quite frankly what child doesnt like to get naked). As we were walking out Poppy kept saying over & over again "tampeen, tampeen, tampeen". I think it was a hit!!!


In other news, Xander is finally big enough to go in the Jolly Jumper, I have been waiting for this because I remember how much Olivia LOVED it & Xander did not dissapoint. It must feel so effortless and free to be up on your feet after being at foot height for 5 & a half months. Oh the joy!!


I also have to say that my little man is an absolute trooper. Every time I change something on him he laps it up & takes it completely in his stride without skipping a beat. This last week has seen him start solids & he sooo looks forward to whatever is served up to him, infact if I dare to take a break to feed myself he gets quite impatient. I also stopped wrapping him for sleeps in the last week & you wouldnt even know that anything has changed, he goes to sleep just as easily as he always has & sleeps for just as long.


3 comments:

Dee said...

Thanks for being such acool sister and aunt. I knew Poppy would get over me in a heart beat. I truly hope she and you sleep well.
Gus LOVES singing the Xander Man song. Even Poppy know the tune.

Kristie said...

Only a wise mother would think to have the kids strip off before they ate their dinner on a trampoline.

Yes it is late! I've been blog surfing.

Anonymous said...

#5 Mum

The photo of Xander is priceless!!! I love wittnessing your girls being mothers and doing a wonderful job. xoxoxo