Friday, October 16, 2009

A Public Apology



Last night Neil was away at a seminar and my sister Kristie invited myself & my 2 sometimes trying children over for dinner so that I wouldnt go crazy by myself. Well it worked & I appreciated the company of family & the fantastic meal. However, it wasnt till during the night after Olivia had woken me up & I couldnt get back to sleep, that I realised what a terrible dinner guest myself & my children had been, these are just a few of the reasons why:


1. I brought potentially day old cake for dessert.


2. I walked in, proceeded to play with kids & read magazines without offering to help right till dinner was almost ready.


3. My child was the one that didnt eat her dinner & caused a scene at the table.


4. I never cleared away my dinner dishes or that of my childs.


5. I never offered to do the dishes or clean a single item of crockery.


6. I made my sister change my childs nappy & get him in his pyjamas.


7. I brought the plague into their house (sorry Ewan).


8. I used all their medication & I dont remember putting the themometor back in the cupboard.


For all these things (& for anything that I cant remember) I am sorry. But I love you & thanks.

3 comments:

Dee said...

I can see it. I won't tell kristie that you come to my house I don't even feed you and you do my dishes.
I guess that's the hierarchy of pathetic ergo I am more pathetic than you.

Kristie said...

1. you weren't to know, it's not as if you could have taste tested it at the shop

2. I think I even gave you the magazines

3. we weren't to know that she was sick

4. that's ok we have a dishwasher

5. see 4

6. I would change that little boy any day of the week

7. we would of still had you up - it's just a cold

8. my dog was the reason for some of the medication

LOVE YOU and your beautiful kids

Ash said...

Don't you just LOVE having sisters??!?!?!?

You KNOW none of those things bothered her!