Wednesday, September 9, 2009

out with the old & in with the new

This week we finally got new carpet, YIPPEE!! We have lived in the house for 2 years now & atleast once a month Neil tells me how much he hates the carpet & wants to replace it. Although we still dont know if we are going to bulldose the house in a couple of years, the carpet is worth it just to stop groundhog day for me.

1 roll of the old carpet out the front of our house ready for Neil's mum to use as the base of her no-dig garden bed:



ahhh fresh new carpet, there are few things better in a house (new oven is higher on the list for me, I'll be sure to blog about it when/if that ever happens). This is our lounge (Kristie, can you see a bubble?):


So, whats the first thing you need to do on new carpet?? Carpet angels of course!! This is the carpet in the bedrooms:

Hoping out of bed to feed my little man at 2am has never been nicer.....

4 comments:

Kristie said...

NIIIICE. I like the subtle pattern of the carpet in the living room.

Ash said...

Very nice! I bet your whole house just feels cleaner now! Love it and love Olivia's carpet angel!

Anonymous said...

I love the angel and the carpet looks great. love mum

Dee said...

New new new. I love new. I want new. I'm telling myself that my 'NEW' life will begin in 2 years. New carpet first then new bathroom then new bedrooms then new yard then new house. Heres to a whole new life.