Saturday, June 27, 2009

even though she sleeps I do redeem myself


we have good days and bad but every night when Olivia sleeps I tuck her in and whisper in her ear that I love her. This quite often follows the frustration that is post-bedtime. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, its the "get back to bed before I smack your bottom" repeated over & over again until her little body gives up and she falls asleep exhausted and defeated.


Some nights it lasts longer than others but each night I feel bad for losing my temper because she is only doing what a 3 year old should. But we do love her & we tell her every day as well as her subconscience every night.


I can only imagine that when this new little one arrives my temper will be shorter but I will continue to redeem myself by whispering in her ear that I love her every night.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Why is it that bedtime is just about the most frustrating time of the day? At least we get to wipe the slate clean and start again in the morning.

Anonymous said...

#5 Shelley

My love, just keep saying it and all will be forgiven. I love you Mum