Saturday, September 27, 2008

this sure is a first

Well, I have done it. I felt out of the loop that everyone else has blogs & I dont & peer pressure is as good a reason as any to start a blog.

So this got me to thinking what other firsts have I had in my life & how many of them do i remember......

firsts I remember

- first kiss with Neil
- first time I met Olivia
- first time I met all my gorgeous nieces & nephews
- first day of highschool
- first time I made a recipe out of a cookbook & it turned out exceptionally well (it was just the other day)
- first time I stepped foot on foreign ground (South Africa 2005)
- first time I realised how rough I treated my mum when growing up (parenthood makes you see things you never saw before)

firsts I dont remember

- first time Olivia called me mum
- first proper steps Olivia took
- first word Olivia spoke (it was either Mum or more)
- first drive in my own car
- first night all alone without Neil in my own house

My hope for this blog is that I now have a place to record the firsts that happen around me & I feel that this was meant to be as we just had a first that i can now record.

Olivia came walking out of her room & was obviously still asleep, she banged into a wall just outside of her room & made a noise, so we looked down the hallway & saw her. Neil marched her back to bed & now she is fast asleep again.

Well, I have high hopes for my little slice of the internet & I just hope it can live up. Now all I need is for Kristie & Dee to help me set it up properly.....

Love to all reading this.

Ingrid

3 comments:

Dee said...

Hip hip hooray!!! I'm soooooo glad you joined since kristie and i joined i've felt like the experience isn't 100% complete because you weren't doing it too. I feel better now.

Anonymous said...

yay! another life to peek into from so many miles away!

love you, sharry

Ash said...

Ingrid! I am SO happy you started a blog! I love seeing pictures of Olivia! I cannot believe how big she is! I remember holding her in church when she was just a few weeks old!
Man, we need to go back to Australia!!!