Saturday, November 7, 2009

& then there were 6

Introducing (L to R) Darcy & Noah, Olivia & Xander, Huon & Sascha.



I met 2 great women at mothers group some 3 years ago who at the time each had 1 great child the same age as Olivia. Maddie & Melissa have since become great friends of mine.

3 years on & we have each had our second child within 6 months of each other. Whenever I think about this too much it blows my mind (doesnt take much I know), but what are the chances of meeting 2 fantastic women at the same time who then go on to have children at the same time as me a second time round.

I know a lot has happened in that 3 years & it hasnt always been easy but I know that these 6 children will go on to be great friends & enjoy the comfort & effortless friendship of people that have known each other, effectively, since birth.

Heres to great friends, the ones we have as children & the ones we have as adults!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said, Ingrid. Have to admit that reading that made me a bit teary! It certainly has been an eventful few years and I'm grateful for Maddie's and your company and support (I hope that was grammatically correct - I have a serious case of mushy baby brain). I hope our kids will be great friends for life, too!